Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 is 2023 AE is bugged

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a project that is getting a ton of errors in 2023. MP4s used in comp which were fine in 2022 are loading in the wrong videos or green frames. They worked fine in 2022 but now RAM preview as well as renders are bugged out with wrong MP4s being referenced as well as green frames popping in and out. Please look into this and fix. I've updated and purged memory and reset caches. This is a HUGE bug. I'm going back to 2022.

AE 2023.1

notthisagain_0-1670963118840.png

I'm on Windows

Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5218R CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz (2 processors)
64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Windows 10 Enterprise
22H2

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having it load the wrong MP4 as well was the biggest bust because it makes you go crazy thinking you made a mistake when it's the software grabbing the wrong MP4 despite the comp having the right one and the MP4 not having changed folders or names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so now 2022 is doing it too. Should I switch to NUKE or RESOLVE to finish my work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's UHD 4K (the upscaled 1080p 4k, not cinema) use resolve to get it out the door. it's free up to UHD and the time'll help you weigh your options/take part in trials or practice. only a few AI things and stuff like that are paid. I gladly paid for it, because I needed 6k, but it's pretty cushy once you get used to it, besides some UI gripes. Say it with me; A perpetual VFX, color grading, and editing lisence for $300.

Nuke and Resolve have a pretty similar approach, where it's basically like AE, while you have the node that does the thing selected (if you have a mask node you need to have it selected to edit it) and that is just about the only rough bit about learning in both. I'm not too sure about Nuke, but Resolve's biggest issue is that the merge node, used to layer footage, is pretty obtuse in its usage, and not having a direct standard for what inputs in nodes say they do makes it a bit rough to manage. If they can get that handled, it'll basically be premiere with  after effects as a clip inspector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by turning off hardware accelerated decoding in the preferences under Import.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi notthisagain,

Thanks for writing in.

If you're using an Nvidia GPU, install the latest driver (527.56). Some of the users confirmed that the new driver fixed the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects 2023 was giving me error 86::1 . Could not import MP4.  Updating the NVIDIA driver worked for me.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines