• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiframe Rendering uses 50% of cores

Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone please tell me if there's a way to specify how any cores are used for rendering with Multiframe Rendering?  I have 36 cores, and it's using only the first 18 shown in the Perfomance tab of Task Manager.  Does anyone have any idea why?  The % CPU reserved for other applications is set to the default 10%.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Do the cores of your second CPU correctly show up in otehr apps? Does the number of render processes change when you modify the memory allotments? I would maintain that AE is simply truncating memory usage based on your settings. With 18 render instances you don't even have a full 6 GB per render instance and surely there would be safeguards to not go below 4 GB. to me the metrics seem plausible, given how this stuff works in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact system information and relevant screenshots we can't tell you anything. The most likely cause is that you simply don't have enough RAM to sustain all the extra rendering processes and AE is limiting their number therefore. Anyway, you have to be much more specific for a better answer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mylenium. Here are my system specs:
2 x Intel Xeon  E5-2699 v3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
128 GB RAM (24 GB reserved for other apps, but no other applications open)
Nvidia Quadro K5200
Here are screenshots taken during rendering:
CPU_Processes.pngMemory_Processes.pngGPU_Processes.pngDisk_Processes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the cores of your second CPU correctly show up in otehr apps? Does the number of render processes change when you modify the memory allotments? I would maintain that AE is simply truncating memory usage based on your settings. With 18 render instances you don't even have a full 6 GB per render instance and surely there would be safeguards to not go below 4 GB. to me the metrics seem plausible, given how this stuff works in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see, that makes sense.  I'll do the tests you asked about in the first two sentences.  In theory, if I doubled my RAM (Not even sure if that's possible, but in theory), would AE then likely use more cores and render faster, given the way things work in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines