Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple text question

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Completely new to Adobe After effects and looking for an answer to a simple question. I've seen numerous videos using the saber plugin for text effects. I'm looking  to create a cinematic type trailer with multiple texts being flashed and animated to the screen such as coming soon, thrilling adventure, etc. I've seen videos on how to create many different effects, but none of the videos had different text appearing one after another. Just curious how you transition from one text to another like a movie trailer. Please excuse my lack of proper terminology here, I'm very very new to this but love it!

thanks,

mike

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With multiple layers.  Each piece of text should be an individual text layer.  If the text requires multiple elements on different layers, then each of those extra elements will also need to be duplicated as well.  

You can also keyframe text changes on a single text layer using the "Text Source" parameter, but this is seldom a good idea, except in special circumstances.

If you start at the beginning with After Effects the whole experience will be less frustrating:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/after-effects/how-to/getting-started-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Andrew. This is what I was looking for!

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines