• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My After Effects Project seems to be constantly changing and I can't tell how or why

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue that I can't tell if it's a glitch or maybe just something weird with this certain project. I'm working in a pretty standard project and composition, trying to overlay some text on some 2.5k footage at 23.976 fps.

Every time I create a text layer, whether that is by drawing out a text box or clicking in my comp with the Text tool, or creating a Text layer by going Layer > New Text Layer, it shows the typing cursor for a fraction of a second then disappears, leaving me unable to actually type any text. If I double click the layer, again, it shows me the typing cursor then immediately closes my ability to type. It does this in a fresh comp as well.

I tested this in a fresh project and I was able to type actually, which makes me think that there is something about my current project that is causing this, I'm just really unsure what it could be.

It seems like something is changing in the project constantly which is maybe what is causing this issue. When I manually saved, then went to quit the project, it asked if I wanted to save any changes. That, and also my frame render time in the lower left corner is constantly flickering.

Version 23.0.0

iMac Pro 2017 Monterey 12.4

3GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what my timeline looks like-- it seems to be constantly re-rendering frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines