• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my composition in the timeline extends beyond the visible part of the timeline and unable to fit

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the after effects timeline panel shows about 30 seconds of any composition and to render the full/ entire composition,(which is more than 30 seconds) i will have to first determine the length of the composition or fit the entire composition within the visible limits of the timeline panel to set the render frame to the exact start and stop points and then render . but this is impossible in my timeline as the panel shows only 30 secs of the comp, then when i scroll the composition to the left , i can see the remaining comp. now whn i render im only able to render 30 secs (visible part of thetimeline) and the remaining part of the composition which is hidden in the scrollable part is not getting rendered. please can someone tell me how i can fit my entire comp( start to stop) in the visible area of the timeline. 

im even unable to stretch the render frame beyond the visible part of the timetline( ie the part that gets hidden and revealed only when it is scrolled.)

im using "Add to render que" .

when i mean visible part of the timeline , it is the part that is in the panel by default 0 to 30 sec, the remaining part exists when the timeline is scrolled 

ive attached a image below to show what i mean by visible part of the timeline. 

ps: im new to after effects . any help appreciated. 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Like @Mylenium suggest, form the top menu > Composition --> Composition Settings and change the Duration to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition --> Composition Settings. You may want to read the onlien help on soem basics.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like @Mylenium suggest, form the top menu > Composition --> Composition Settings and change the Duration to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines