Copied

My editing screen is blocked when editing, what can I do? It crashes me

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try a couple of things:

1.- Go to After Effects > Preferences > Import and deactivate hardware acceleration decoding for video. After that, go to Edit > Purge > All memory and disk cache. Restart After Effects

2.- Go to File > Project Settings. Under Video Rendering and effects tab select Mercury Software Only.

3.- Also, I would transcode your mp4 files into a Quicktime Prores files using Adobe Media Encoder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of them worked, if I start the project from the beginning there are no problems, but the problem is that I stayed for days to do this project and I wouldn't want my work to be in vain. It doesn't even transcode mp4 files to a Quicktime Prores file using Adobe Media Encoder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I thought that looked like the Region of Interest had been accidentally clicked, but I can see the icon isn't highlighted.

Are you using any 3rd party plugins on the layer which is meant to be visible?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dorina258263721xiq,

Sorry for your issue.

Does this happen with this particular project or any project you try to open? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? If After Effects can't export the videos, your footage could be the source of the issue. Try transcoding them using Media Encoder. If Media Encoder doesn't work, try using HandBrake or a similar app.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Dorina258263721xiq you might have accidentally activated wireframe mode. Check out the Fast Preview button (the one with the lightning next to Toggle Transparency Grid) and make sure it is set on Off or Adaptive Resolution

Screenshot 2022-08-28 at 16.42.27.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines