• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My effects are being read as doubled at launch causing error (Over 3000 duplicated effects??)

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At launch I get this error message randomly the last few days. Any idea where it is telling it to read the same folder twice? Obviously I checked and there is only one in the location mentioned on all 3000 of them. Any help is appreciated.

effecterror.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do yopu have any additional scripts installed? A lot of the times this is caused by said scripts not finding stuff.  Other than that I might imagine an install issue where either an older version of AE was not correctly deleted or some folder misnamed. Hard to say. A screenshot of the actual install folders might help. I would also check if a folder isn't simply hidden by Windows and/or it has created some weird restore point/ shadow copy that brings back zombie files. Other than that of course a clean reinstall may be advisable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you use any symbolic links to connect one folder to another so you didn't have to install scripts or plug-ins twice? If so, that could be the cause of the issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines