• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my gradient fill doesn't show as a gradient, it just shows as 1 color

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the gradient fill to one of my shapes, but instead of the shape being a gradient, its still just one color. my goal here was to have the top of the shape be transparent and slowly getting more visible towards the bottom, basically like a fade, and I thought the best way to do that would to be using a gradient fill, but i'm not sure. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would approach it differently. Create a solid layer and then add the gradient effect with the black on top and white on the bottom. Place the gradient above your shape. In the timeline go to track matte (you may have to click toggle switches and modes to track matte and modes.) On the shape layer point it to drop down on track matte to luma matte and whatever you name the name of the solid layer is. The lightest parts should show your shape and the darkest parts should become more invisible the to match the darkness of the gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Selection tool to reposition your gradient as it starts from the centre of the comp by default.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your video, I can see the gradient line with two dots in the centre of the comp. That's your gradient 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the help! i'm using an alternate account so thats why my username is different. the track matte\luma matte thing worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have two colors in the Edit Gradient panel and only see one color in the shape, the start and end points of the gradient are not in the right place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines