• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Photoshop layers that I imported to After Effects don't look like they did in photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am very new to After Effects and Photoshop. I have made a short gif recently, and I am trying to make another one. This time I added gradients to some of preset flower shapes included in photoshop. I'm worried I did something wrong because everything looks how I want it to when I pull up the PSD file in photoshop, but when I imput the PSD file into After Effects the preset flower shapes don't show up as complete flowers, there are significant parts missing from the flowers when the original phototshop file is imported into After Effects. My oppacity is at 100% for all the layers, and I made sure that the photoshop color mode was saved as RGB not CMYK. How do I get my flowers to show up in After Effects?

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.21.21 PM.png

this is how it looks in photoshop

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.21.10 PM.png

This is how it looks in After Effects

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rasterize the laywers in PS before importing. Smart Objects/ shape layers have always been problematic due to how this stuff works in PS and AE has no way of fully accessing all data.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium,

Thank you for the advice, this helped a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines