Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my red line in Current Time Indicator doesn't move

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I have a problem with my CTI.

When I first opened my after effect, the red line CTI is doing fine, but after few minutes when I play preview the video & audio is playing but my CTI doesn't move.
Could anyone help me with this problem?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but what are you making, what effects are you applying, what is the composition resolution, etc. After Effects read frame by frame to make a preview and it depends on various factors to play fluidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this bug is back, over a year later, on AE Beta 22.1.1x62.

I have a 30sec comp, all rendered (green bar all the way across), and it'll play back fine if I hit the spacebar, but the CTI does not move at all. I have my Preview settings set to: On (Spacebar) Stop: Move time to preview time. When I hit the spacebar again to stop playback, even though I'mm seeing the correct frame in the Comp Viewer, the CTI remains unmoved. If I then use Page Up/Down to move the CTI, the CTI moves, but the frame in the Comp Viewer remains static - ther is no longer any relation between the CTI and the displayed frame. Only if I drag the CTI does the image in the Comp Viewer update. I've seen this bug before, but I think it was fixed a few releases ago. If I quit and relaunch AE, the issue will go away for a while....but then come back.

Also, if I play back the comp (it has audio) from the first frame, sync is fine. If I start playback from anything other than the first frame of the comp, audio sync goes waaaay out. This loss of sync issue is not fixed by quitting and relaunching AE.

My Nvidia drivers are fully up to date. I'm, using a Windows 10 system, AMD 5950X, 128GB RAM, 24GB VRAM RTX3090 GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed (again!) in build 68! 😁

😒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - it's back this afternoon. I have a really simple comp - one layer of text, with an opacity animator and two keyframes to have the text come on a character at a time. If I put the CTi at the start (it's a 13sec, 1920x10180 25fps, mute comp in an 8bpc project) and hit the spacebar, it plays back OK, but the CTI does not move and the red line does not appear at all. When I stop playback, the CTI does not move to the current time position, and pressing page up/page down now moves the CTI, but the comp viewer does not update. As per usual, the only way to get the comp viewer to update is to drag the CTI with the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug is still there in release 70.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still there in 22.2.0x15 and 22.2.0x17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tampoco te aparece este indicador rojo mientras se está reproduciendo?

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-07 a la(s) 10.28.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - no red line at all.

It doesn't always happen - not sure what triggers the problem, but if I relaunch AE, the problem goes away, and playback work OK with the red line moving properly - for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you managed to solve this problem in the end? I'm having the same issue with all my projects in the most recent build as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed it being a problem recently - but maybe I've just been working on the "right" kind of projects (I've no idea what triggers the issue!).

I'm on version 22.4.0 (Build 1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely still an issue. I have tried every suggested fix to this. the only thing that fixes it is relaunching the program. I have found that it is especially likely when switching between AE and Premiere with dynamic linked comps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same probem at the moment. For some reason it dissapears after a few minutes and only comes back after a restart of AE. I will try to find out what causes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reopening the project also works for me. So I just press the little house icon in the top left of the screen and then reopen the project and I can see the red line again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still persists in 2023, going into 2024.

I press play, video plays, but there is NO red line. Furthermore "Toggle Mask and Shape Path Visibility" is also disabled when I hit play and does NOT become re-enabled until I move the blue line manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still also have this problem, in the latest public and beta releases of AE. Also, once AE gets into this confused state, Page Up/Down, Home and End have no effect. The only way to update the view is to drag the CTI. Quitting and relaunching AE fixes the issue - for a while, then it will nearly always return after a while of use. The contents/effect/layers etc. of the current comp makes no difference.

Oh yes - and I regularly find myself turning mask and shape visibilty back on after it mysteriously turns itself off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try changing the GPU acceleration in the menu File / Project Settings... / Video Rendering and Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines