• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Text Isn't Showing Up and Resetting Character Isn't Working

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just bought and downloaded After Effects as part of the Creative Cloud package, but when I try enter text onto my composition it doesn't appear, I've tried resetting character as some people have suggested and it still doesn't work.

Any help please? This hasn't got me off on a good foot with my new software

I've attached a picture to help

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Fast Draft mode and check your hardware acceleration settings. Also update your system's graphics driver if necessary.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm still getting used to the program, where can I find the options for Fast Draft mode? Searched everywhere for it. No updates for my graphics driver and couldn't find any obvious issues with the hardware acceleration settings.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed,

Thanks for writing in.

I wonder why your Compostion window is black when you have the "Toggle Transparency Grid" switched on. What happens if you add a Solid layer? Do you get its preview? Please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Also, what's the exact version of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thank you for taking the time to help. I tried changing the background colour when I started a new composition, it shows on the side preview but not the composition preview, as you can see in the attached pic.

Specs

Intel i7-7700, Quad Core, 3.6GHz

AMD Radeon R5 435

16GB RAM

Windows 10 64 Bit

Version 18.4.0 (Build 41)

Hopefully that's everything you asked for.

Thank you,

Ed

default5yzuxgclgmj1_0-1628878875464.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's not just the text that's not visible. It's everything.

Could you try adding some Solid layers or import media to the Comp and see if After Effects shows the preview?

When you have "Toggle Transparency Grid" switched on, you should see the transparency grid as in the screenshot below.

trans grid.jpg

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to drag a normal image into the composition and was met with this GPU related popup, could this be the issue and how would I go about resolving it?

Thank you,

Ed

default5yzuxgclgmj1_0-1628897079193.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the message says, it look like related to the GPU. Could you try updating the GPU driver? If that doesn't help, let us know what happens if you switch the renderer to Software Only (File > Project Settings).

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried updating the GPU driver and it says it's up to date. Switched the renderer to Software Only and can't see any obvious changes when I press ok and close the window - text still doesn't show.

default5yzuxgclgmj1_0-1628931279154.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening a project you know works.  If you don't have one, try something simple like this:

https://bit.ly/35kqipW

That's one of my projects.  If they open and you can see lozenges and text, then AE is working and it's something in your layer.  If it doesn't display, then it's something wrong with the AE install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can open it, but nothing shows. I've never had problems like this with other software, Sony Vegas runs fine.

Tried reinstalling After Effects and still no difference. Is there something we could be missing here?

default5yzuxgclgmj1_0-1628949036153.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines