Nedding advice and help to create a intro for business logo

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

So I'm very new to using After Effects and need advice or help,

I'm looking to create a logo animation, so my first question will be do I need to use animate or After Effects?

I would like to create this myself but I just need advice from you lovely people to point me in the right direction.

I'm a quick learner and want to practically do this myself so I can develop my knowledge and use the experience.

15 sec is the max timeline  

open to ideas 

I have a couple of ideas but not sure where to start,

Would like a kayaker paddling off a waterfall then submerged into water and the company logo floats above the water. can anyone help 

Thank you 

Aaron 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A realistic effect like the one you described will be easier to create with After Effects than Adobe Animate. 

You probably need to create a Fractal noise layer as the source for Displacement Map and add Caustics to one or more copies of the logo. You probably will not find a single tutorial to walk you through the process. A thorough understanding of the UI, compositing options, blend modes, and maybe Camera Tracking will be required to successfully simulate a logo floating to the surface of a river.

If you are new to After Effects, spend a few minutes using the Learn workspace to figure out the basic UI and the process of adding keyframes. Then spend a couple of hours with the User Guide going over the basics, including rendering. Then start looking for tutorials on water effects but be careful who you trust. Most of the tutorials you find with a general web search are not much more than simplified recipes created by enthusiasts, and the explanations and workflows can be sketchy. Almost all of the problems with tutorials I see on the forums come from poorly explained, inefficient, or incorrect workflows. You could easily spend twenty hours fiddling with the floating logo idea before getting something that looks professional. 

You could also search for some After Effects water logo templates to see if you can find one that suits your needs. There are a bunch of them out there. This will save you some time. Sometimes templates can be a good starting point for a completely custom tutorial. Still, it will take a significant amount of time to learn how to dig into the nested comps (Pre-comps) that almost all AE templates use to create their animations.

You will end up with a movie that can be embedded in a website or added to a film you are editing. You use different rendering options for editing, and the web, so make sure you also spend some time learning about video formats, standards, and compression.

If you specifically need code-based web graphics, Animate is the better tool, but the animation will not have the same look that you can get using After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines