• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need advice for effect

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smaller animated object is a shapefile, I'm looking to make it a lot brighter.

I haven't found the right effect, even tried adding different Lights, spot, parallel etc. Just getting back to AE and it's not coming up for me. The larger object is Particle World, nice but...not bright enough.

buglight.gif

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think making anything "brighter" is going to give a staisfying result. Perception is driven by contrast more than by color. Feel free to slap on a ton of glow or experiment with using duplicate layers and blending modes like Screen or Add, but at the end of the day the real answer would have to be to make the background quite a bit darker.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the background can be made darker then the front object can be made brighter, within paramater of program. Anything else is subjective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite follow. You already have very bright colors, including a white background, light grey and pastel browns. In order to make anything stand out or "pop" you will need some darkness. I would at least put a drop shadow/ dark glow around your objects if you don't want to darken the entire background.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think I have to all the channels, some sort of fractal. I want to turn it into a flaming ball like a welding torch, but maybe not that bright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't pick up the Scatter effect the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines