• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help finding a tutorial or a detailed explanation:

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this effect created? I realize there's some masking going on along with some repeater add-ins to create the honeycomb, but I can't figure out how to get the background image to reveal through the polygons. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hexagons are simply scaled and used as a track matte, combined with an "invisible" fade to transition from the fill to the background. Nothing too fancy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it weren't too fancy I wouldn't be asking for help. Was really looking for a tutorial or something similar to this to learn from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oyQZUdVPR0

It uses triangles, but the techniques are all the same. I suggest you also study the online help onh things like track mattes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Thank you. I will definitely be diving into track mattes. I used to use AE alot a few years ago. I just need to refresh some things. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines