• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help making a 2D object rotate, starting from stop and accelerating.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for help with what I think should be a simple question. I have a circular object that I want to make rotate. I would like to to start from a stop and gradually start to rotate faster and faster. The final rotation speed does not matter. I know how to make the object spin in place at a constant speed, but not from a stop with constant acceleration. Any help would be great. Thanks!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your first keyframe right click/keyframe assistant Easy Ease out. You can also select the layer and choose the graph editor icon located by the main switches and try to adjust the handle to tweak the speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the formula for angular displacement based on angular acceleration, you could use a rotation expression like this:

a = 100; // angular acceleration
a*time*time/2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines