• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need multiple track mattes and set matte won't work

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm kind of new to After Effects and I'm trying to animate an eye. I've followed tutorials and to make the pupil move within the bounds of the eye I have it set up so that I have a pupil mask with a set matte onto a eye whites shape layer. This mask layer is then linked to my pupil psd layer and the psd layer is track matte set to the pupil mask. This works great, but my issue is now that I have to make a second mask for the pupil that moves as the eye blinks to cover up the pupil. How can I add the second mask to the pupil psd layer? I've played around with using set matte again but I don't think its working because the layers are different sizes.

Also the mask needs to get rid of the pupil and have that area be transparent so you can see the background behind (theres no one background that I can use the mask to show when the eye closes).

I hope any of that made sense haha, would really appreciate if someone could help!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't make sense. Show us a screenshot of your timeline with the layers, matte options and effects and their parameters and the composition result.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines