• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to parent Text and logo to puppet character's shirt

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the puppet pin tool to move some characters for an explainer video and I need to add text and a logo to the shirt and have it move along with the puppet movement. I tried parenting it but it is not moving along with the subject. I want the text and font to look like it is part of the shirt. By the way, I converted the subject using create shapes from vector layer. At this point it is not an illustrator file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I uploaded a screen recording of what I'm talking about if that helps.
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic AE stuff - pre-compose the shirt and add the text in the pre-comp.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you suggested and it is not working. I would figure this would be something simple like parenting the layer but I'm stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pre-composing is way to go. Since you already use üpre-compositions, simply add the logo inside those. There's no other magic parenting trick or whatever you may look for. effects like the Puppet tool work in realtion to the layer, not the comp, hence they only affect the contents of the layer and to top it off the Puppet tool is also very specific in its own requirements, so parenting wouldn't work one way or the other. At least not without extra hoopla by ways of complicated expressions. so for what it#s worth, try again.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines