• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New AE Beta 22.2 crashing every time I try to open it

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this error message. I'm on Windows 10.

FakePilotEA_0-1639558372271.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assertion errors typically indicate a version conflict with some system library (DLL) or one of them being missing, including secondary stuff for the graphics drivers and all that. From your log it seems that the app can't even build the internal window hierarchy, which would further my point about graphics issues. in such a case the standard advice applies: Check and update your graphics drivers. everything beyond that will require more exact system info and other details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the latest Nvidia Studio drivers. Then installed the newer beta version 22.2.0.45. Tried to open it but getting same bunch of errors and crash again:

FakePilotEA_0-1639645353414.png

FakePilotEA_1-1639645367014.png

FakePilotEA_2-1639645426655.png

FakePilotEA_3-1639645442988.png

FakePilotEA_4-1639645464182.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to the latest version that works, 22.1.1.

For me, I can only really use After Effects Beta in production. The regular version of After Effects, freezes all my Windows applications when RAM usage reaches its peak at 128 GB. The Beta doesn't do this. I did a ticket for this error before, went through all the Adobe staff's suggestions, his conclusion was it must be third party plug-ins that cause this behavior. Then I removed all plug-ins and still got this same bug. Then he suggested it must be my Wacom tablet, wanted me to perform a Windows reset while only using mouse. This I couldn't muster myself to do, I have deadlines and the beta works, so... Also, this bug happens on both my personal PC and my EA DICE work machine... Sure, I have Wacom installed on both. But, could it really be causing all Windows apps to freeze (become unclickable)? And why doesn't the Beta app do the same? Something must be wrong with After Effects standard, that you guys have missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Now I'm in real trouble. After Effects 2022 freezes all my windows. And the Beta version that used to work, no longer opens without crashing. And I cannot find where to install the last beta that worked, 22.1. Both 22.2 and 22.3 crashes without fail every time I try to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines