• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW Ae v18: Replace Media in Mogrts Not Working!

Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys
(Just edited as I posted with the wrong version number😳)
Specs:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz,
Memory: 65536MB RAM,
Available OS Memory: 65148MB RAM,
Page File: 8774MB used, 121910MB available,
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P6000,
Display Memory: 56998 MB,
Dedicated Memory: 24424 MB,
Shared Memory: 32574 MB.

I've installed PPr v15 and Ae v18 because I particularly want to use the new replace media facility in our Mogrts. I opened one of our Mogrts and dropped an image into the Essential Graphic properties for that template. But on my first attempt to add to a library, I had the message below saying it 'requires dynamic link, which does not work with media replacement controls'!? I closed down and this morning I tried again and now I cannot even drop a graphic into the properties.
Is there something else I should have updated or am I doing something wrong here (like it only works with newly designed Mogrts?)
Any and all advice welcome.
Regards,
Graham

20210312_DynamicLinkIssue.jpg
TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Having driven myself barmy trying all sorts of solutions, I logged out of my CC account, restarted the PC and logged back in and could add media in Ae to the essential graphics properties and add to a library. At first the new templates wouldn't appear when opening the library in PPr 15 (despite appearing in my work in my CC account). But after closing down and and restarting the next day, the feature now seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having driven myself barmy trying all sorts of solutions, I logged out of my CC account, restarted the PC and logged back in and could add media in Ae to the essential graphics properties and add to a library. At first the new templates wouldn't appear when opening the library in PPr 15 (despite appearing in my work in my CC account). But after closing down and and restarting the next day, the feature now seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham -

Media Replacement is not supported over Dynamic Link. You are attempting to export a mogrt which uses a 3rd party effect (Particular) and 3rd party effects are only supported over Dynamic Link. You need to either remove the effect or remove the Media Replacement layers.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Mike. I hadn't appreciated it was a case of either plug-in effect or media replacement at first. I deleted the plug-in because it was used in a layer effect I had had turned-off anyway.

This will probably be a 'doh' moment, but is there a way to list or highlight all plug-ins in a project or composition? The composition I used as an example comprised of half a dozen or so pre-comps, each containing multiple layers. So locating which pre-comp and layer where the plug-ins were located so I could to remove them was a slow process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham -

There is no "Find Effect" type command in the AE UI. It would be a pretty simple script to write though, so you might search around to see if someone has written one.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers, Mike👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines