Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New beginner Windows Adobe user

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm completely green at using any of the adobe programs and is currently using Adobe After Effects for a class online. I wasn't sure how either easy or hard it would be just to start fresh and learn something new. Although, i didn't think about that some of the hotkeys, shortcuts etc would all be in the langauge of Apple users and not windows users. I'm sure there are tutorials for Window users to follow by, but i wanted to know if there was some way to convert the AE tutorials provided with the progeam in to Windows friendly "mode". I hope I'm making sense.. All in all I should had did more reserch before jumping into a pool full of sharks haha. Thank you

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The shortcuts are all the same. The Alt key on Windows machines is the same as the Option key on a Mac. The Ctrl key on windows is the same as the Command key on a Mac. I've never seen a tutorial that would not work on either platform. 

When you look at tutorials, you need to make sure you vet the people giving advice. Unfortunately, most of the tutorials you will find with a simple search have been prepared by enthusiasts. Many of the recipes they are sharing have inefficient and sometimes incorrect workflows. Make sure they know what they are talking about. 

Your best getting-started workflow would be to open the Learn workspace (under the Window menu) and go through the UI. Then use the User Guide from Adobe. You can find it on the After Effects product page at the head of this forum. or by using the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects. 

When you have a specific question or a problem with a tutorial, be sure to include screenshots of your comp with the modified properties of the problem layer showing. Select the problem layer, press 'uu,' take a screenshot using your system shortcut key, copy the file, then paste (Ctrl/Cmnd + v) to the reply field on the forum or use the Toolbar to embed it. If the problem is with a tutorial, include a link to the tutorial.

After Effects can be overwhelming, and it takes time to figure out the UI. There are dozens of different approaches to the same animation or compositing problem. It takes a while to figure out which approach is best.

Good luck in your AE journey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines