• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Composition isn’t black screen but instead scene from an old Project in AE CC2018 [Windows]

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B32BDC12-5575-4E61-AEFB-FFD1139A9533.jpeg

I have a problem with creating a new composition. When I create a new composition, it is supposed to show a black screen, but when I do that, one of my deleted projects I've previously worked on pops up instead of a plain black screen. I've uninstalled AE and redownloaded.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GH. 2.11 GHz

Installed Ram: 12 GB

64-Bit operating system

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deling the media cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try purging "All Memory & Disk Cache" in menu Edit / Purge.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-01-03 a la(s) 15.53.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This looks strange. Ideally, the preview remains black when we create a new composition. In addition to cleaning media cache as suggested by the experts above, I'd recommend you to reset preferences which will make the settings default

You may refer to this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/preferences.html#reset_prefs

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... this one wins the weird behavior award for the week.

If doing a purge of All Memory & Disk Cache doesn't resolve it, I'd take the time to uninstall After Effects, restart, and then reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing AE's Pref's should be the first option before uninstalling and reinstalling AE.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly worth a try, but does that look like a preference issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to make a conclusive decision. Hence, it's better to go the shorter route of trashing Prefs to see if it works. If this fails, then the longer route of uninstalling and reinstalling is the way to go. PLUS, if there is an issue with the Prefs Files and a user proceeds to uninstall and reinstall and chooses to migrate previous settings, they'll continue to face the same issue, after reinstalling - seen this happen to a few users here. Hence, as a standard procedure I'd always prefer trashing of AE Prefs before proceeding to uninstall/reinstall.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Did you try the suggestions provided by the experts above? Looking forward for an update.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, the solution of Brian Cortez: purging "All Memory & Disk Cache" in menu Edit / Purge worked perfect for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines