• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to all this and have questions.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I know nothing about After Effects so forgive me if they sound dumb...

I have a 3-D mapping projector all in one deal and I wanted to do some projecting on the house and other things as well for Halloween but my projector has no way to connect to any device such as a laptop or computer so I will not be able to use the projection mapping software from After Effects... The software that is used for my projector is lame so I wanted to know about After Effects because I seen cool YouTube videos that had used After Effects and 3-D mapping with a projector...

Since I cant use the After Effects with my projector directly is it possible to make 1 video of multiple things and save it and the just upload it to the projectors software???

Also my projector while its very bright the contrast isnt very good and you can see little squares when close up... Is there a way to edit the video to make those squares go away???

TOPICS
FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never set up a projection mapping, but I can tell you that no matter what, you wouldn't want to output directly from After Effects to your projector as AE is not a real-time environment. You would want to make a video or videos that match the requirements of your projector's software, so you'll have to read the manual or find tutorials from the developer of that.

As for the little squares, it's hard to tell what you mean without seeing it, but it's possible the projector just doesn't have a very high resolution and you're trying to project on a huge surface so you're seeing individual pixels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Blocks indicate damaged LED elements behind the projector's LCD or a lack of calibration to even out the luminance plus of course the resolution could simply be realtively low so luminance variations within the pixel triplets/ quadruplets also show up. Otherwise you should not have much of a problem. Projections long existed before fancy control software. All you have to do is create a test pattern (grid, points) with known spacing and project it onto your target, then take measurements and photos to figure out where goes what physically and how it is distorted so you can compensate.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines