• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New version still has text error

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote about this weeks (months?) ago. If I have a text layer, I get the attached error. EVERY TIME I DO ANYTHING. As in, if I click on a layer, the error pops up. If I move a layer, the error pops up. If I move my mouse, the error pops up. AE is unusable. STILL! After many weeks! When will this issue be resolved?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

i9 11900 3.5GHz processor

GeForce 3080Ti video card

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, did you provide a system crash log? Info about the fonts? Your screen settings? The error persisting and in such a severe form at that suggests there's probably a cause other than AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system didn't crash, thus no log.

It's every font I've used so far. 

My screens are 1920x1080, 3440x1440, and 2560x1440.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you screen configuration sounds rather messy, TBH. I'm pretty sure it's simply the GPU crashing/ not working right when attempting to rasterize and display text. The best course of action would be to unplug the screens selectively and see which combination works as single/ dual/ triple screens.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TL Westgate ,

As Mylenium indicates it is possible something with your display configuration is an issue. Please try moving all of your After Effects windows to the primary display. If this fixes the issue then we would like to know more detail about your display configuration to reproduce this in house.

Thank you,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, I think that fixed it.

I don't have AE on the 1920x1080 monitor, just the 2 big ones. I switched the workspace to Effects and it brought everything into the middle monitor (3440x1440). So AE was only on one monitor. No text errors!

I switched back to my layout with most panels I use on the big monitor (3440x1440) and just the timeline on the right monitor (2560x1440). The error popped up again. So I nudged the timeline panel just a bit to ensure it wasn't overlapping or off screen and the error went away!

So ther is something in the code that is very picky about either having a panel off screen or overlapping another screen.

And I certainly don't think it's a messy monitor arrangement as Mylenium states. I've used 4 monitors in the past with no problems. For years. It was only in the last several months that this issue cropped up. So if anything's messy, it's the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines