Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No media core write acess on OS X Monterey

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all…
Since migrating to a new Macbook Pro (and Monterey 12.2.1), AE stops launch at initializing the Mediacore with a “you don’t have write access to this folder” message. I can click “OK” and AE continues to launch and function normally. 

I’m aware Apple has changed permissions for anything in a system folder (like “Library”), but so far nothing I’ve tried allows for write access to this folder.

Surely others have encountered this before. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thanks for writing in.

Please try changing the permissions as instructed in the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Nishu-

Tried setting the privileges manually, and even though the Mac shows I have read-write permissions, After Effects still doesn’t recognize that.

Also have set the mac to “reduced security settings”. ub still no go.

This issue appeared after I migrated from one M1 laptop to this one.

(I also tried manually creating a new mediacore folder and copying the old contents to it (which required a password, despite changing permissions). No difference in performance, I still get stuck.

Thanks for your help, still searching for a solution.

Thanks, Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines