Exit

Not uninstalling Maxon Cinema 4D

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just read this post from @omidsolo:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/prevent-maxon-cinema-4d-force-install/td-p/10695447/pag...

Besides I completelly agree with him and I don't want software to be installed behind my back that hardly anyone needs, I tried to uninstall all Adobe apps which are included in the "All Apps" msi template. This is offered for download in the Admin Console. After uninstalling them trough the "Uninstall" button by rightclicking the msi, I found Maxon Cinema 4D still sitting on my PC without even knowing it was installed with the rest of the Adobe apps before, since it's not listed in "Applications included" in the Admin Console. This is very cheeky and in my eyes very unprofessional, and I just wanted to leave this here! I have now the problem that I should be able to silent uninstall all Adobe apps for use in SCCM but I just can't, since I don't think I'm able to uninstall Maxon with the command line. If there is an MSI Code for it or something like this please let me know.

- A dissatisfied User

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an SCCM admin I would like to know the same. How can we silently uninstall Cinema 4D when silently uninstalling After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why i Maxon even ON my machine. this is stupid. it has NOTHING to do with anything i do....and it should not default install taking up a G of space with no indication that it was being added to my install.

Maxon fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the C4D Lite app and rendering engine disables many key features in After Effects, will cause a hang or crash if you try and enable the C4D rendering engine, and limits your ability to use many useful features, and only gains you about 800 MB of disk space. If you are killing your system by having an additional 800 MB of files in your applications folder then your system probably does not meet the minimum system requirements recommended for After Effects and your creative options are already severely limited. Deleting or uninstalling Maxon makes about as much sense as deleting plug-ins you don't think you will ever use. I have the entire Red Giant Suite, Saphire, Boris FX, Video Copilot effects packages installed so I have several hundred plugins installed as well as a couple of hundred scripts, about 600 animation presets that I created, and a bunch that I have bought. I could save a bit of disk space if I deleted the ones that I don't use often or even the ones that I can't remember ever using, but if I was up against a deadline and had a design problem that could only be solved efficiently by using something like Saphire's S_Zap, which I have never used, I would kick myself while I missed the deadline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great thats good for you. i have tons of space. but none for products i dont use.

i reserved for audio production. i could care less about after effects and c4d.

i shouldnt be forced to install apps i dont use WITHOUT notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about the sh***y typing....typing isnt my forté

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most software designers and manufacturers have not really aligned. With new SSD drives with reduced space acting as disk C there is no space to install anything. When you try to install Adobe products on another disk you get an automatic override and most files end up on C anyway. Maybe they can design a "move" function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow the proper installation procedure in Creative Cloud, and all Adobe apps can be successfully installed on a different drive. You can even move the Library folders. You must follow the correct procedure and start with the preferences in Creative Cloud. I installed the entire Adobe Creative Suite in an external SSD when I began testing Adobe products on a new bare minimum Mac Mini with 8-GB of Ram and 256-GB of storage. I had Davinci, Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, Motion, the entire Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and a bunch more apps installed on a 1 TB external SSD. All apps used about 80% of the SSD, and the system drive was only about 25% utilized. 

The additional functionality the C4D installation gives After Effects more than makes up for the relatively small storage and cache requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheOneUnknown 

I've just run into this issue myself - yes, very deceptive! As a fellow ConfigMgr Admin myself, this is very frustrating.

However, the actual issue has been hijacked! So let's get back to it shall we  🙂

In a corporate environment, when us ConfigMgr Admin's want to uninstall something, we should be able to run said uninstaller and have it uninstall everything it installs, not run said uninstaller and find that it only does half a job!

Anyway, after some sleuthing, have found out the following...

(thanks to MarcinTarka from over @ www.itninja.com)

--mode unattended or in full >> "C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R22\uninstall.exe" --mode unattended

...is what we are looking for. And might I note, this is an undocumented feature!

Running "uninstall.exe /?" gives us this error window:

error.png

Running "uninstall.exe --help" gives us this window:

error2.png

Thank you so very, very much for the support Adobe  😛  Perhaps this could be added to the "--help" documentation in the future. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is having a strategy that is sole based on profits, they have becoma a disaster.. Similar to windows, its the marked share that keeps is going, not the quality..  Maybe stop growing in profit eacht year, and start investing into your customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines