Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Null controllers disappear

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've build a 2D animation rig using DUIK. I have null object controllers for the hands, feet, chest and hips. I also have these controllers parented to an overarching sky and ground controller (yellow null objects). The puppet works brilliantly most of the time, however lately when I open the rig, the yellow null object controllers are gone and I can no longer select and move anything with my mouse. I have increase or decrease position coordinates to move my puppet.

Please help me. It's absolutely infuriating. Is there a setting I have somehow switched off to loose that functionality?

Cheers

Tara

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 11.22.26 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

I worked it out.

View > Show Layer Controls.

Very very relieved.

Thanks for the replies

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, do they actually work, when the shy guy is disabled and they also show up as layers in the timeline? Could be some weird bug related to that. Otherwise check your comp display/ view options.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nothing to do with shy guy. They are visible in the timeline. I've turned shy guy on and off. Visibility on and off. Basically toggled everything I can think of on and off to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:   The controllers are invisible but they are still there. If I work out where they are I can move them with my mouse. I just can't see them. Why have they gone invisible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Os version and exact version number of Ae? Type UU on the controllers see if transparency has been changed through some parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked it out.

View > Show Layer Controls.

Very very relieved.

Thanks for the replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange. by looking at your screenshots the toggle mask path and visibility was checked on and this also means layer controls. and you can see the nulls too

I know you can have mask visibility off and keep show layer controls, I never came across a case where you have mask visibility on (like your screen) and no layer controls. it could be that somehow you changed something between this screenshot and when you solved this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still not working in my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TYTYTYTY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines