Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Null Object should not "bounce" when changing direction

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I animate a picture with an extra mask (as alpha channel) with a null object like this: it moves to the right, stops at the next key frame and immediately moves to the left. But instead making a halt exactly at the stop point it moves on after the key frame for one or two frames and only after that moves in the opposite direction as wanted. This way it creates a small bounce effect that I do not want. 

The only work-around I know is that I add another key frame after the stop with the exact same position and then change direction. But this is annoying on the long term.

How can I improve that and prohibit the bounce effect in a more "elegant" way?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to educate yourself on the different keyframe types and how to tweak your animation in the graph editor to avoid overshoot:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/keyframe-interpolation.html

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I will have a look at it (German version here: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/after-effects/using/keyframe-interpolation.html).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines