• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Null Text Parenting and Track

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a piece of footage on which I got a nice stable track. Created null. Created some text. Null is parent to the text. However, the text is not staying in the part of screen I want. I imagine something to do with positioning of Null…?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply the track to the null? How did you do the tracking? Is the null moving with the tracking position values?

Without a screenshot showing us all the modified properties of the problem layers, it is pretty difficult to figure out where your workflow went wrong. Press 'uu', take a screenshot of the whole UI, then drag it to the reply field so we can see it.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area works, but it is a pain for the forum users to access the photos. Please do not use it to share images. You can use the toolbar, drag your pictures to the reply field, or even copy and paste the file directly in the reply field, then size them up so we can easily see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Chicago" text should stay at top of frame, as camera tilts up
to reveal horizon. It drifts ...Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 9.09.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you track? 

If you tracked something in the scene that moves up in the frame, then the null will move up and drag the text layer with it.

If the camera tilts up and you want the text to follow the camera move, you need to Camera Track the shot. 

I do not know what kind of a move you are trying to design. It might be easier just to set a few keyframes for the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

This was a tough one, even Mocha was struggling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines