Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object above camera is moving. Why?

Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keithm1972_0-1656349732022.png

I'm playing with the effect where you turn a static image into layers in Photoshop then export into AE. I have a simple animation set up where the landscape behind the yoga woman moves. That works the way I want it to.

But when I add the logo at the end it moves upwards with the landscape. I don't have anything keyframed, though I have the 3D icon checked because I was going to do a few things with the logo (fade in and spin).

Turning off the 3D option stops the logo drift, but I want to animate it without that drift. Missing something obvious?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that means you have some keyframes on the camera, try to select the camera layer and hit (UU), and double check if you have any keyframe of expression 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely have keyframes on the camera: point of interest, position, and zoom are being used. But I thought these only control the layers below the camera, where the logo is above it. Is that not the case?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera looks at every 3D layer in a scene. Make the Logo a 2D layer and it won't move in the frame. 

It also helps if you reveal the modified properties in your problem layers. Selecting Multiple views also helps diagnose 3D problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isolate the logo by putting it in its own pre-composition and animate away, then use that pre-comp as a 2D layer in the main comp. The typical newbie error of trying to do everything at once with as few elements as possible...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Yes, typical newbie for the past three years...I feel I may be stuck with this title forever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines