• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object from C4D lite not showing in Ae

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following a tutorial for C4D lite and it seems straightforward. But when I save the project in C4D lite and returns to Ae I can not see any object. I also get 2 error messages. I can see the new file in Ae so it gets imported but no object is visible. When I pre compose the layer it seems as Ae is trying to render it.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should ad that I have the same format for the composition in Ae as in C4D lite and use Cinema4D as renderer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this error

I understand now that you cant move these layers in Ae so one of the above errors is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That first error is telling you that you scaled up your layer past 100%. Set it back and see what happens. If you want to scale your 3D object you'll have to either do it in Cinema 4D by scaling, zooming or dollying in with the camera, or using an After Effects Comp Camera and adjusting the field of view there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding what David Arbor has said, and it might help if you could post screenshots of the whole of the program and the same for C4D.  
If you use the render preview in C4D lite, does it render correctly there?

and lastly, are you graphics card drivers up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx again, your help is very valuable to me.

hovewer, right now I am focusing on Ae but if I once more need Cinema I will give you full info from my work.

one question, is it correct that I can not rotate the C4D Lite layer that I create in the same way as normal 3D layers in Ae?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not give us a link to the tutorial you are following it is nearly impossible to give you any help with that tutorial. Frankly, most of the tutorials you find online are prepared by well-meaning but ill-informed enthusiasts that have followed somebody's other recipe for a specific effect.

Second, cropped screenshots that are uploaded instead of embedded are a pain to look at and not helpful in understanding your workflow issues or comp problems. After exporting a 3D comp as a Maxon C4D file using the File menu you must import the file and drag it to the timeline of the same comp you used to create it. This will add the Cineware effect to the layer. From there you should be able to dive in and edit your C4D file, select the camera Cineware will use to view the 3D objects, and select the render quality. If you are not following that basic workflow then you are looking at the wrong tutorial. 

We need details, screenshots, and a link to the tutorial you are trying to follow to offer any better suggestions than checking your GPU drivers.

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx,

I have looked on the web and it seems that many people get the same error message as me. One solution offered was to run Ae as admin, I tried this with no luck. Another solution was to change the TCP port. I think I am following the workflow you suggest. I have given upp now, its not 100% necessary to use C4D but it would have been nice since its included in Ae to get it running. I will include more info in the future when I post here. It could be that I am using the wrong nvidia driver, its probably the game-driver I have and it should be the studio-driver?

Thank you for you patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines