• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

one composition refuses to play back audio

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so odd. One of my comps won't play back audio suddenly. It gives me the tiniest snippet of the sound before cutting off.

- It's within a template that I've used many times and never experienced this issue

- The audio precomp beneath and comp above that includes this silent one play the audio just fine

- I've duplicated the problem comp and the duplicates don't play back audio either, so it seems like the issue is contained

Are there any lesser known reasons a specific comp might have issues playing back audio? I've toggled the mute and audio playback buttons off and on lots of times and that's not helping

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Yes audio was playing back in other comps within the same project actually, just not the one. I reverted one version of AE back and that fixed it for whatever reason, so I'm back up and running

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay it's now happening with other previous projects that I know were playing back this type of comp successfully, so I think it may be a subtle bug in 18.2. Reverting to 18.1 for now to see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is any audio playing back? What happens if you drag a piece of working audio into a brand new comp? If that's not playing back then I would check your audio output settings in the preferences. I would also check the Preview panel to make sure the speaker icon is selected. When doing this, make sure the way you're choosing to playback is also selected. For example, if you're starting your playback with the Spacebar then make sure the Preview settings for Spacebar are selected, vs, say, the "0" key on the numPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes audio was playing back in other comps within the same project actually, just not the one. I reverted one version of AE back and that fixed it for whatever reason, so I'm back up and running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this occasionally, and in my case, I'd accidentally shortened the comp's workarea.  I use Numpad . to preview the audio and its set to workarea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines