• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only previewing one frame ahead instead of the entire project

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i press space to preview the preview instead of playing all of my footage it only plays one frame ahead and then freezes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

It looks to me like you have created a fairly complex composition without taking any time to figure out how AE works. Ram Preview depends on available resources. If you are not getting a decent preview purge everything, change comp resolution to Auto instead of setting the resolution in the Comp Panel and set the Magnification Factor to 50% or even less.

AE is not an editing app. 90% of my comps are one shot and under 7 seconds. Your comp looks to be several minutes long and it looks like you are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like you have created a fairly complex composition without taking any time to figure out how AE works. Ram Preview depends on available resources. If you are not getting a decent preview purge everything, change comp resolution to Auto instead of setting the resolution in the Comp Panel and set the Magnification Factor to 50% or even less.

AE is not an editing app. 90% of my comps are one shot and under 7 seconds. Your comp looks to be several minutes long and it looks like you are trying to edit in AE. Source video format can also have a tremendous effect on AE's ability to preview. I'm guessing that there is nothing wrong except your expectations and lack of experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not like after effects is having a hard time rendering the video in the timeline.. when i scrub through the timeline it shows the frames without any problem but instantly deletes the cached previews and when i press spacebar it only previews the one frame it has cached cause it keeps deleting the other ones i think this is a glitch and needs to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used AE to edit videos for years.  It hasn't been until recently that these issues have occured.  I used to be able to edit 20 minute videos with ease.  Now it's hard to get a few frames to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I tried everything. the comps is only 8 sec, I deleted many layers and still same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, did you find the solution yet ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone suggested disabling Cache Frames when Idle and that resolved my issue.  Try that and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying many things, this worked for me:

Here is how you can reset the preferences:

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching After Effects. You can release the Alt or Option key when the splash screen appears.

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold downControl-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS)while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

Link here -

It also reset my plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI! thanks this is the correct answer! 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines