• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optical Flares preview window greyed out...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I recently installed optical flares all correctly on my imac pro and for some reason

when I go to edit the flare, all the previews are greyed out so I'm pretty much unable to choose a flare 

or edit my own. 

Any ideas?Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 13.06.01.png

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , FAQ , Performance , Preview , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to delve into your system's graphics settings to get proper OpenGL support. OF is an old plug-in that never got properly updated and recent versions of OSX have legacy OGL disabled by default. I'm not a Mac guy and may be spouting nonsense, but that's what I read on tech news pages. Investigating the issue via a web search should clear things up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edwards27114347

Did you ever figure out how to fix this issue?  I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help,too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem here too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here too, happens on other plugins aswell 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I assume you never got around this? A potential pointer for someone who knows more than me - on my 1st of 2 iMacs, I think I installed optical flares whilst on Mojave. I then later updated to Catalina and I can still see previews - so it's not a 32-bit thing I don't think. But on my new 2020 iMac, running Big Sur, I now have the same issue of no previews. I would blame Big Sur but, all the others who have this problem have it on Catalina (or even earlier it seems). So I don't think it's the OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in Catalina do you have resolve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly i have solution 

The specific reason is unknown, but there are solutions.

The following macz has compiled a temporary solution to this can not be previewed:

Open "System Preferences -> Display -> Color" and modify the display profile to "Normal RGB profile". At this time, you will feel that the color of the display has changed.

Then go back to AE (switching the color description file does not need to restart Ae), and reopen the independent panel of the Optical Flares plugin. You can see the familiar preview interface.

In fact, the display of lighting effects only does not display thumbnails in the independent panel of Optical Flares. When you return to Ae, you can still render it directly. And when switching the color profile of the Mac system display, you don't need to close the Ae software, just reopen the independent panel of Optical Falres to refresh.

The default color description of the Mac system still looks good, and I often work in the default color mode. So when I set the OF light in the Option Flares independent panel, I can set it back to the default color profile. It seems to be a good solution.

The solution to the display of the thumbnail of the Optical Flares preview is introduced here. I hope to help you. For more exciting tutorials, please followmaczTo understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this doesn't work unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have select apple RGB et restart after ? it's ok for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, This has been really helpful... It works for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I did get it working also. Such an annoying glitch though. Surely someone can figure out what it is about Apple RGB colour profile that allows the plug-in to display properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !!!<3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you for figuring it out and coming back to us. Such a ridiclous issue. Switching to Apple RGB worked for me. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esta solución si me funciona en mi iMac 2019, estoy usando Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works, but crashes AE 2021 pretty much straight away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple RGB works for me, where as Generic RBG crashed AE after 10 seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - it worked well for me on Big Sur 11.3. Really appreciate these posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was very helpful!!! Thanks!! It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it work for me. Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You when i change color Profile iMac to Apple RGB Optical Flares Perview Showing it's very Hopeful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change "Normal RGB profile" didn't work on my MacBook Pro 16-inch 2019 (Big Sur),

but this one really helped to solve my problem. Thank you Semmanuel.

I always use second screen with HDMI out (USB-C hub).

I checked "Display Mirroring" then all preview showed up.

Open "System Preferences -> Display -> Arrangement -> Check "Display Mirroring".

If I use only one screen (no multiple screen) then previews doesn't show.

So I have to mirror display to the other screen to eable previews.

I don't know why but it worked.

So when I use Optical Lens Flares I turn "Display Mirroring" on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS it work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines