• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organise scripts into subfolders?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, over the past 10yrs of using ae I've gathered quite a few scripts which are currently sitting in my script UI folder.

However, since they're all in there it is quite messy to go through inside of AE.

Is there any way to save scripts into organized sub-folders so it's easier to locate a specific script I want?

For example I could then put all my character rigging/animation scripts into one folder etc.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

AE can't do this built-in, check out scripts like KBar or others on AE scripts to group and manage your scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is no way, AE won't find the scripts if they are in subfolders.You can check this very easy, if you create a subfolder and move one script in there, then you start AE and look up this script.

But there are some toolbars, script launchers and similar script out there. If you find a good one, please report back. I'm in the exact same situation.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate that the UI scripts are in the Window item.  This Menu is very full as it is.  UI Scripts should be a top level menu and allow folders like effects can.  A searchable menu would help.  I feel the best implementation would be a Scripts Panel.  Forget UI vs non UI, dump them all in here in category folders.  Use aescript categories.  The developer will determine what is UI and not UI.  If it's an application load performance issue, ok, then keep UI seperate.  If it is cosmetic, we don't need a seperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE can't do this built-in, check out scripts like KBar or others on AE scripts to group and manage your scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving forward with KBar for now - but the iaa1's comment (see above) on organization of script functionality would be absolutely marvelous. Thank's ya'll!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines