• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overly Excessive mouse lag in after effects

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a 4-8 second lag between when I do anything with the mouse, and After Effects responds. The program is unusable to me at this point. I've tried clearing the memory and cache, but isn't helping. Any suggestions? I've only used AE for a a couple of months, so I'm new to any tricks to fix this. Thanks.

I'm using Windows 10, most updated version on AE, HP Sprectra 360.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE. rather than using my mouse wheel to zoom, I took to physically changing the zoom using the dropdown to select a distance, and it's still responding a good 2-3 seconds after I cange the zoom. So I'm not sure all the issue lies with the mouse. It's just lagging profusely in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a cordless mouse, check the batteries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to find all that info. Here's what I do know how to find. In addition, I'm trying to use the roto tool, and it's taking a good 3-5 seconds everytime I draw any line to refresh. The entire program is just lagging to no extent. I've watched mutliple videos about how to fix AE lag, nothing is helping.

specs.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many fonts you have installed on windows, Try to go in the control panel and select then delete all fonts that aren't made by microsoft, should solve your issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go in the control panel and select then delete all fonts that aren't made by microsoft

By @CRYPT_270825540p14

Fonts are located in the Fonts folder, not Control Panel.

Rather than delete them, copy them to a different folder or to an external drive (preferably both) in case you find that the font(s) is needed by the system or an application.  Then you will be able to copy them back to the Fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to My PC and it will show your hard drives.

What size and how much free space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines