• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painfully slow load times running AE from Xcode

Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is just me, but AE 2021 takes (I timed it) a minute and 45 seconds to load when launched from Xcode. I have bootcamp and running AE from Visual Studio takes just over 30s. I've tried the following:

• reinstalled the adobe suite
  • installing an older version of Xcode
  • removing all 3rd party plugins/scripts
  • tried AE version 2020
  • can't try older versions of AE as versions < 2020 don't run on OSX

No dice. I know it's possible to run AE and then attach Xcode to the process, and AE does launch quicker this way, but attaching still takes time and has to be done manually. When you launch AE 50 times a day, the load time really adds up. 

I posted previously about having to wait up to 30 seconds after AE finishes launching due to scripting blocking access to the UI thread, but had 0 responses so maybe it's just me and this isn't normal. 

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same problem. I'm not entirely sure when it started happening, but I think it may have started with Xcode 12. Fortunately I found a way to speed it up quite a bit. Try this:

1) Open the scheme editor for your project.

2) Select the "Run" scheme.

3) Change the Executable popup menu to "Ask on Launch"

For some reason that's a lot faster. It's still slower than launching AE from the Finder, but it's a good improvement over what you're experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip James, it does load a bit quicker (no more scripting blocked on the UI thread warnings!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines