Pan behind tool is not working

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

So Im trying to move some anchor points around quickly. In the past I've been able to use the pan behind tool to drag the anchor point wherever, but now, for some reason, i cannot click the anchor point. It just deselects my layer, even when it's solo'd. Did I mess somethin up? it used to always work. This is the anchor point of a composition, not single layer.

Picture example:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 3.15.48 PM.png

I want my anchor point to be centered on this chicken nugget but can only accomplish that now by manually changing the anchor point value numbers rather than clicking and dragging the point with the pan behind tool.

Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess but try View -> Show layer controls

I move a lot of anchor points and sometimes they don't show and this will bring them back up

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was truth. I was going no where fast. Thank you partner. I thought I needed expressions... pfft... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Layer > Transform > Centar Anchor Point in Layer Content

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 12.28.56 PM.png

Hi Spencer. Can u see the anchor point if you go to the Layer Menu and try to change position etc?

Generally a preference reset or trashing the preferences file completely should bring back the anchor point functionality.

Let me know if it works. Mo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines