PARENTING - AFTER EFFECTS HELP

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, very new to after effects here! 

I have a double sided poster which i would like to spin and show either sides of the poster. 

I go to parent the layers togehter - and when they rotate, they become pixelated and not working as it should

I am probalby doing soemthing obviosuly silly, but any help would be much appreciated!!!! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using the C4D rendering engine. Unless you are bending a layer or extruding a text or shape layer, use the Classic 3D rendering engine. If you must use the C4D rendering engine, you have to offset the layers that do not share the same plane. The easiest way to do that is to move the back layer, the one rotated 180" in Y, one pixel farther away from the camera. That is not necessary when using the Classic 3D workspace, but it is still a good idea. The Classic 3D workspace also always renders faster and does not limit the 3D layers to no effects, no track mattes, and a few other things listed in the Info when you change rendering systems in Composition Settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines