• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Hardware to improve performance for PP/AE projects

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm looking for general guidance on the best PC hardware configuration to optimize performance for premiere pro/after effects projects.  I'm interested where to invest in a new PC (RAM vs. CPU vs. GPU) to minimize render times, ensure quick responses when editing and adding effects (eg, from ramping slow motion, adding 3D text, etc... and more advanced effects).

For example, I'm fortunate enough to consider purchasing a new PC with the following options and would like to know on which components it would be worth spending more (eg, what HW does Adobe optimize for to make a difference).  And where it wouldn't make a difference:

CPU:  i5-13600k (14 cores) or i9-13900k (24 cores)

GPU:  RTX 3060 Ti(8 GB) or RTX4080 (16 GB)

RAM:  64GB or 128 GB

Any specific recommendations or links to articles would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't bother with expensive RTX cards or fancy multicore processors. After Effects' GPU usage is limited and so are it's multiprocessing capabilities. Premiere is better in the GPU department, but otherwise the metrics don't change much. Everything else depends on the specifics of the projects you work on. There's no one fits all formula and you cannot expect everything to be perfect under any conditions.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines