Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Perfomance... yeah yeah heard it all before!

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rented a super computer basically.

125GB RAM
Dual SSD

i9 Quad core 2.8ghz
Nvidea Tesla 3GB graphics card x2

Try this if you will...

Drag in two HD videos.
one 50% over the top

add some music

I cant get it to render in real time without slowing even at 1/3 resolution.

WHY?!?!?!?!??!?!!?

I have done all the RAM and media cache stuff, changed drivers, did a dance, prayed to god and satan.

HELP!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try on your own machines and let me know what happens, its a 2 min task! : ) Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using a "graphics card" that is actually a GPU-processing accelerator and outside CUDA/ OpenCL may have limitations. That and of course AE never has even made any specific provision for dual cards. So for what it's worth, it's probably more an issue of the cards not being able to cooperate properly rather than AE, which you could find out by hard-disabling one of the min the BIOS/ EFI or physically removing it. And other people can try this as they might, but on a different configuration it may simply work, so this is quite beside the point. All the testing in the world can't fix specific hardware-releated issues.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding.

The reason I rented this machine was to see what the difference would be compared to my regular spec laptop. The answer was nothing. Preferences opened quicker. I have had a few machines now and for the life of me I can't get AE to run to what I would call an acceptable standard for such light tasks.

I have heard a few times, "ooh, I don't even put video in AE". Use Premiere for that. I am making a video with very time sensitive message boxes on the screen and it really doesnt work very well importing it all into premiere and going back and forth. Also, any project running slow in AE is running slow in premiere. I see no performance boost by following that workflow.

If the spec of the laptop is so darn important surely half the people using it are seeing performance issues.

Can someone give me the name of the graphics card range that will work? I feel like I am wasting all my time and energy to get a video to play at normal speed. Which to me, seems mighty insane for 2021.

Support couldnt fix it or comment on two occasions of remote desktop for 5 plus hours.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines