• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective corner pin, but for stabilization

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new here, but I hope to find some answers to something that has been frustrating me for a while. I have footage where I am filming an LCD screen, so there is camera motion. What I would like to achieve in after effects is to "stabilize" this footage, by tracking the four corners of this LCD screen, and then fixing these in place, perhaps even straightening them out into a rectngle. Thus far, I have not found a way to do this and it seems like such a simple thing to achieve.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 1:  Try Warp Stabilizer to see if it does what you need it to.  It's by far the easiest way to stabilize footage in AE, but might not do quite the job you're after, if you want rock-steady stabilisation.

Option 2:  Use the legacy Stabilsation tool in the Tracking window in AE.  You can use the LCD screen as your tracking object if it's clearly defined within your footage.

This article gives a bit more detail to this discussion:

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/stabilize-footage-in-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could potentially unwarp the whole thing by using the Reshape effect and two masks. Other than that it sounds like you may want to have a look at the advanced corner pin in revisionFX RE:Map plug-in suite which offers such functionality right out of the gate. 

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to stop all camera movement and correct perspective issues on a tracked rectangle, you can combine corner pin tracking using Mocha AE and CC Power Pin. Take a look at these two tutorials. The first one uses the new version of Mocha AE; the second uses the original version of Mocha AE that has a different way of getting the corner pin data into After Effects. 

Try this workflow if you want to remove all motion from the video and not reshape it. This workflow will remove all the camera motion from a shot with some static geometry in the scene.

If these workflows solve your problem, I need a better explanation of your design goals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines