Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture in picture style transition templates for podcasts

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I need to edit a web recorded podcast. Rather than cutting between the two speakers, I've been requested to provide a picture in picture style look, but with animated transitions between the two.

The example is below. The transition happens at 1:59

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/01/28/mountain-climber-alex-lowe-max-film-torn-acfc-full-epis...

I'm aware this is possible by doing manual animations, but is there a way to create a simple template that I can re-use for every podcast I edit? It'd be great to just do this on Premiere. I'd need to be able to transition back and forth between the two shots, and possible have inserts as well.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Study up on how to use the Essential Graphics panel in both programs to create custom templates. If you want this specific transition style it's gonna be tricky, though since there are several mattes involved that mutually mask stuff to create the illusion. Chances are that this may not satisfyingly work in Premiere, so you may need to set up a project in AE where you just replace the relevant footage bits every time.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines