• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pieces of Render missing (Element 3D)

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a VR music experience for my senior design thesis using AE and Element 3D. It was all going fine, but once I added a 2nd instance of Element, pieces of my render started to not show up in the render, or the preview. I I changed the rendering modes to unified in my project, but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Here are some things I've tried so far that didn't work:

Create a nest of the main comp, and export from the nest 

Update drivers and all programs are up to date

Made backups, tried copying comp onto new project, checked to see if any models were missing
PC is restarted
500 GB free on my internal drive
Caches are cleared
HDD is defragged and optimized
My first minute still isn't showing even in render preview and the nest!

Here's my PC specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX3060Ti
16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
MultiE3D_1.png

 

MultiE3D_2.png

 

ezracohanim_0-1649835443008.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

E3D was never designed with this kind of complexity in mind and hasn't received a major update in ages nor support for any advanced features like RTX. It's built around older OpenGL stuff with severe limitations and those simply now hit you. There's really not much more to say on the matter. If at all, you may try to create "passes" by not nesting the E3D instances and somehow montage together the comps as 2D layers, but apparently there would be limitations to that as well and the virtual environment itself using GPU functions clearly doesn't help, either. Sorry for the bad news, but again, you may simply be expecting too much here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines