• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated preview even with RAM preview resolution set to full

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since one month now I have a pixelated preview problem. I went over the forum and didn't find a solution to my specific problem.

I updated After Effets CC to 15.0.0 and also updated my graphic card to the latest released driver. The problem is still there, I don't know how to fix it and I'm now seeking for advice from the community.

Asus X550L, Windows10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-4500U 2.40GHz, 8.00GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, SSD   

- The fast preview is set to ''off (Final Quality)''

- The RAM preview resolution set to ''Full''

- I'm working with the magnification ratio set to 100%

- The assets are all made with shapes layer directly in after effects.

- The scene is not pixelated until I start previewing the animation. Although I can scroll manually in the timeline once all frame are cached and it follow accurately the chosen RAM preview resolution.

*I've notice when previewing that the pixelated render problem is equivalent to the ''Quarter'' RAM preview resolution. If I set the RAM preview resolution to ''Quarter'' and preview it is the exact same resolution, Although if I set it to ''Full'' the preview is as pixelated as if it would be set to ''Quarter''.

PixelatedPreview.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Just to make sure the easy answer is out of the way:
In the Preview panel, you're able to create different settings for the different keys that can trigger RAM preview. For example, you could have Numpad 0 set to full resolution, every frame, but have Spacebar set to quarter resolution, every 2 frames. Make sure your settings are set as desired for the key you're using.

preview.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It just randomly started and I can't get anything done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone see this thread? it's been 2 weeks and there is no answers yet...

Like mattw62022050, this is an error that limit me in my work and it would really appreciated to have some support on the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure the easy answer is out of the way:
In the Preview panel, you're able to create different settings for the different keys that can trigger RAM preview. For example, you could have Numpad 0 set to full resolution, every frame, but have Spacebar set to quarter resolution, every 2 frames. Make sure your settings are set as desired for the key you're using.

preview.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that was it. Indeed really easy.

I was not aware this setting was added to the preview setting panel.

Thank you very much Kyle!

Just for the information, do you know since went this feature was added to the panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been there for the last couple years now, since they first started the overhaul of the preview infrastructure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its been like years... but i'm having the same problem, I know you already explain it, but I need you to dumb it diwn fir me. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ohh myyyy godddddddd thank you! HAHAHAH! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines