• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback freezing

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years, I've been having this issue with After Effects whereas seemingly randomly in the middle of using it, the playback will stop working. 

What happens is, I will click play and the video will not play and then if I attempt to click anywhere on the screen, I will get the spinning wheel for 5-10 seconds and then the video will stop attempting to play and it seems like it's back to normal, however, once this has happened once, it happens every single time that I attempt to press play until I restart the application. 

I've been having this issue since at least 2019 and I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it including reinstalling After Effects, clearing cache regularly and I've never been able to find anyone else having a similar problem to me.

It used to be more managable as it would come and go - e.g. I would have a lot of issues with it on one particular project and then it wouldn't happen for months - but for the past couple of months it's been happening with every single project I do and I end up having to restart the application at least 10 times even if I'm only working on a project for 2-3 hours.

Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this? I've attached a picture the specs of my Mac, but let me know if there's anything else that would be good to know.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi caitnic128,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the version of After Effects you're currently using? Is there a third-party plug-in that you've been using since 2019? Also, what are the details of the footage you're working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines