Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Lag

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Just installed After Effects today, and started messing around with the program. It came to my attention very quickly that when watching back the footage in After Effects (playback footage), it would be perfectly fine and then the video & voice would go into slow motion.

A lot of people online say it may be your PC, although I have an i9 CPU, 1660 Ti Graphics Card which I'm sure can run After Effects... right?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's rendering out the video to playback. Unless you have nothing on the timeline besides the video, it SHOULD render out in Real-time. This also depends on your preview settings, video resolution, video fps, gpu acceleration, and so on. So the better a PC you have, the less time it will take for AE to render.

If you don't like the slow motion voice, you can turn it off by going to Edit > Preferences > Preview and check "Mute Audio when Playback is not in Real-time".

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with jake.

Please check out the following article for more details on how After Effects preview works: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-why-doesn-t-after-effects-preview-in-re...

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines