Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me recreate this animation. Bend / Morph text

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya,
I've found this animation recently and have been playing around in AE to see if I can recreate this. 
I've animated the text over a path which mimics the square shape. What stomps me is the way whole text layer bends over the corners and the bend effect follows as the square gets smaller. 

Player around with some effects but with no luck. Much appreciated! 

original_bf93877e788769df8c5d045955206b10.gif

TOPICS
Experiment , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will require a plug-in like BAO BOA (https://aescripts.com/bao-boa/). AE has no way of doing any such thing with its stock effects, at least not until you work your fingers off with multiple instances of Mesh Warp, Bezier Warp and so on. a possible alternative would be to create a deformaple strip in a 3D program and apply the text as a texture, so it can then be treated with deformers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see!  Both options seems like it would do just the thing. Will have a play 

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting a text layer to follow an animated path is easy. Making text warp around an animated path while maintaining kerning requires 3rd party effects like the ones Mylenium suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for confirming! I have somewhere to start now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines