• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin Development: Adding expression functions or other API for interactivity with a plugin.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add javascript functions that the user can interact with as an entry point for my plugin? Let's say I wanted to add an FFT function that could be run on a particular instance of my effect plugin or something like that. Could I enhance the JS programming environment or expose Js functions from my plugin?

TOPICS
Experiment , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. You can only reference actual files or code bits stored in other expressions in the actual expression itself.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose you could bundle a folder of script files along with your plugin and in the UI direct users to navigate to the installed folder to run a script.  In concept, that wouldn't be much different from selecting an included environment map in Element 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines