Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG file not the right color when exporting

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
I am currently exporting a text animation with an animation of a  red cross that brushes over it (two png files that I merged into a cross, which creates two red brushes). But when I export the file and import it in Davinci Resolve, the red color of the cross aint right. When I set the composite mode in Davinci to normal the red cross goes kinda black behind it, and when I set the composite mode to screen, it turn's pink. 
My export settings in After Effects were Quicktime, where my format options are set to 'animation' - My channels are RGB + Alpha - Do anyone know what I am doing wrong here? 
Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 17.32.17.pngScreenshot 2022-03-10 at 17.32.28.pngScreenshot 2022-03-10 at 17.32.43.png

Photo number 1 is in After Effects (how it is supposed to be)
Photo number 2 is when the composite mode in Davinci is set to normal
Photo number 3 is when the composite mode in Davinci is set to screen

Kind regards,
Benjamin

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Update: 
I found the solution to the problem. If anyone else has the same problem, follow along. When exporting, under the 'video output' change the color to 'Straight (Unmatted)' - Hope this can help someone else 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 
I found the solution to the problem. If anyone else has the same problem, follow along. When exporting, under the 'video output' change the color to 'Straight (Unmatted)' - Hope this can help someone else 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep - I was going to say that this is likely a transparency issue, vs a color issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines