PNG layer only layer to export pixelated

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

Possibly a simple problem but searching has yielded no results. 
I've got a fairly strange little bug. Got a project with multiple layers including several png layers, one in particular looks fine and crisp in the viewer, veiwed full quality, standard magnification and even full screened, but when rendered comes out very pixelated. Strange thing is it's just that one layer, everything else, including other png layers still look nice and sharp. 
I've isolated that layer in these screenshots as I can't show the rest of the project.
I've tried a variety of export settings but they don't appear to make much difference, the screen shotted export is just standard vimeo 1080p preset.

First shot is in the viewer, second is after the render and third is just the layer settings.

Viewer .pngRendered.pngLayer settings.png

Cheers

TOPICS
Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have scaled a raster image (pixels) to more than 300%. There are other scaling options for raster images, like Detail Preserving Upscale, but those also start to fall apart at scale values over 200%. The edges are going to get soft. You either need a bigger original image or a vector file (Illustrator).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thanks very much for the reply.
So yes I had assumed the significant scale might be an issue, but would that not also show up in the viewer? Especially as my viewer is on a large screen so that actual displayed image size is the same as the full screened render.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So update to this problem.

I was sure that the issue wasn't to do with being overscaled in the project itself as it looked great in the viewer. I haven't found the specific problem but at least something of a work around. 

In the project i'm working in 4k but I've been rendering out to HD, somewhere in that downscaling ME is going a bit crazy it seems because if I render the whole thing out to 4k, boom, element looks crystal clear. After rendering that 4k video out to 1080p the element looks absolutely fine, nice and clear with no pixelation as I would have expected it to be when rendering it the first time. 
Not sure where i'm going wrong in there but at least i can finish the project up now. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines